From a beer yard to a city hotel Chronicle
The history of the house goes back more than one hundred years. At that time, beer was brewed in this house. Still in 1820 to 1850  additionally a post office was in the lower rooms.  The existing horse stables later were guest rooms. In 1892 Karl-Ackermann bought the property and set up a pastry shop with its own bakery and a shop. In 1894 he received permission from the city council of Zittau to serve coffee. In the following years, wine, liqueurs and beer were gradually served. In 1920 Oskar Schiffner acquired the existing business and opened the Kaffeehaus Schiffner under the name "Konditorei und Café Schiffner". The following years, until the total transformation in 1928, were accompanied by more or less extensive construction measures. The increasing popularity of the café in the meantime prompted Oskar Schiffner to completely rebuild and expand the guest rooms by adding the first floor in the main building. Between 1949 and 1959, the first years of the trading organization, HO for short, changed the directors of the house, until 1959 Horst Raschke took over the management of the institution. In the 1950s, several alterations and renovations were carried out, gradually losing the character of the former coffee house. The dining restaurant and the dance hall "Dreiländereck" emerge. Many events of social importance took place here, official receptions, company and women's day celebrations. On May 20, 1991, the hotel "Dreiländereck" was closed for the time being. In 1995, the latest chapter of the house Bautzner Strasse 9 begins with the acquisition of the object by the civil engineer E. H. Dietrich Mickan. He was born in Zittau. In the spring of 1996, the partial demolition of the old building began except for the vaulted rooms on the ground floor. After a short, intensive construction phase, a house with a completely new impression was created in May 1997. Special value in the furnishing of the whole house was placed on a warm, solid and pleasantly harmonious design. The pure restaurant business was transformed into a modern city hotel with 45 stylishly furnished rooms and suites, as well as a seminar and conference center. Today, the hotel gives the guest the feeling of a family-like security in reserved elegance.
HOTEL DREILÄNDERECK BAUTZNER STR. 9  |  02763 ZITTAU  |  PHONE +49 3583 555-0  |  FAX +49 3583 555-222  |  MAIL: INFO@HOTEL-DLE.DE
HOMEPAGE DESIGNED BY WWW.WIMETA.DE
The history of the house goes back more than one hundred years. At that time, beer was brewed in this house. Still in 1820 to 1850  additionally a post office was in the lower rooms.  The existing horse stables later were guest rooms. In 1892 Karl-Ackermann bought the property and set up a pastry shop with its own bakery and a shop. In 1894 he received permission from the city council of Zittau to serve coffee. In the following years, wine, liqueurs and beer were gradually served. In 1920 Oskar Schiffner acquired the existing business and opened the Kaffeehaus Schiffner under the name "Konditorei und Café Schiffner". The following years, until the total transformation in 1928, were accompanied by more or less extensive construction measures. The increasing popularity of the café in the meantime prompted Oskar Schiffner to completely rebuild and expand the guest rooms by adding the first floor in the main building. Between 1949 and 1959, the first years of the trading organization, HO for short, changed the directors of the house, until 1959 Horst Raschke took over the management of the institution. In the 1950s, several alterations and renovations were carried out, gradually losing the character of the former coffee house. The dining restaurant and the dance hall "Dreiländereck" emerge. Many events of social importance took place here, official receptions, company and women's day celebrations. On May 20, 1991, the hotel "Dreiländereck" was closed for the time being. In 1995, the latest chapter of the house Bautzner Strasse 9 begins with the acquisition of the object by the civil engineer E. H. Dietrich Mickan. He was born in Zittau. In the spring of 1996, the partial demolition of the old building began except for the vaulted rooms on the ground floor. After a short, intensive construction phase, a house with a completely new impression was created in May 1997. Special value in the furnishing of the whole house was placed on a warm, solid and pleasantly harmonious design. The pure restaurant business was transformed into a modern city hotel with 45 stylishly furnished rooms and suites, as well as a seminar and conference center. Today, the hotel gives the guest the feeling of a family-like security in reserved elegance.
HOTEL DREILÄNDERECK BAUTZNER STR. 9  |  02763 ZITTAU PHONE +49 3583 555-0  |  FAX +49 3583 555-222 MAIL: INFO@HOTEL-DLE.DE
HOMEPAGE DESIGNED BY WWW.WIMETA.DE
From a beer yard to a city hotel Chronicle
MENU MENU